Aptina, a global provider of intelligent imaging solutions, is in mass production of the ASX344AT SOC for backup camera solutions. With built-in image processing, the ASX344AT delivers 180 degree viewing with robust de-warp functionality. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) found that 180 degree camera solutions, like the camera solutions using the ASX344AT, provide a nearly 60% improvement over traditional mirror-based systems and a nearly 15% improvement over traditional 130 degree viewing systems for backup accident avoidance.”
The ASX344AT SOC was designed specifically to lower cost and enhance time-to-market. Combining a high-performance sensor, image processing, and 180 degree de-warp capabilities; the ASX344AT is a single-chip solution for backup camera solutions. This dramatically reduces overall system cost as well as physical solution footprint. The SOC comes with a comprehensive software toolkit that simplifies creation of multiple perspective views for lens distortion correction and improves time-to-market for manufacturers.
“The ASX344AT is a comprehensive, robust imaging solution for automotive backup cameras and further expands our industry-leading automotive portfolio,” talking with AutoReleased, said Taner Ozcelik, Senior Vice President of Business Development at Aptina. “By incorporating robust image processing with leading image sensor technology into a single solution, customers will be able to accelerate their time-to-market and reduce overall system costs.”
- The ASX344AT is a 1/4-inch optical format with VGA resolution
- The sensor uses a large 5.6 µm pixel which provides amazing low-light and high dynamic range, giving an accurate image in challenging lighting conditions
- The SOC processing capabilities include sophisticated functions such as color recovery and correction, auto white balance, gamma, sharpening, lens shading correction, on-the-fly defect correction and auto exposure
- The SOC includes four overlays that may be blended simultaneously, with a choice of 32 colors selectable from 64,000 total
- The Universal Asynchronous Receiver/Transmitter (UART) interface enables manufactures to customize viewing modes that can adjust dynamically based on driver situation
- The SOC offers NTSC/PAL output for universal communication with regional displays
The ASX344AT meets the stringent AEC-Q100 qualification with operating temperatures of -40°C to +105°C and is now in mass production.