OnePlus has come back with its smallest and cheapest phone yet. You are probably interested in getting your hands on the OnePlus X, but that is where we run into a small problem. Just like previous smartphones, you need an invitation to buy one, which is a bit of a wrench in the works.
The OnePlus X much more affordable than does OnePlus itself. You can buy the black model with 2GB of RAM for £187.09, or 3GB of RAM for £192.84. The white OnePlus X costs £187.09 with 2GB of RAM, or £180.31 with 3GB of RAM. Shipping to the UK is free, but you should note that these products are sent from China and if your parcel is picked up by customs you will be accounted for import duty before you receive your handset.
These contain the KK Browser, DCShare, Clean Master, DU Battery Saver and DU Speed Booster, plus UC Mini. It adds a second Search app as well, and substitutes the Google search widget on the home screen with its own.
A factory reset will not clear these apps the only thing that will remove them from the phone is to flash a stock version of Oxygen OS, which isn’t something we would urge until you know what you are doing. The OnePlus X as the phone is running the firm’s own Oxygen OS which is based on Android 5.1 Lollipop.
It’d have been preferred ‘the latest 6.0 Marshmallow’, but it isn’t the end of the world, partially because OnePlus has added similar specialties anyway.
- Ceramic, Onyx versions
- bottom-facing speaker
- dual-mics with noise cancellation
- OxygenOS based on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
- 2.3GHz Snapdragon 801, quad-core
- Adreno 330
- 3GB LPDDR3 RAM
- 16GB, plus up to 128GB microSD
- 5 inch full HD (1920 x 1080, 441-ppi) AMOLED, Gorilla Glass 3
- 3.5-mm headphone jack
- FM radio
- 13Mp rear camera, f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video/120fps slo-mo at 720p
- 8Mp front camera, f/2.4 aperture
- accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity, ambient light, hall sensor
- 2,525mAh non-removable lithium-polymer battery
- Micro-USB charging port
- 4G bands 3, 7 & 20 (EU & Asia model)
- dual-Nano-SIM (one SIM slot can be used for microSD card)
- 2.4GHz 802.11b/g/n WiFi
- Bluetooth 4.0
- 140 x 69 x 6.9-mm
- 138g (Onyx), 160g (Ceramic)
The OnePlus X is the best value smartphone of the year. People love the premium design in a smaller form component to the firm’s other phones.