Failed Nevada Republican politician from New Jersey runs for Congress in Texas after COWBOY makeover
‘Big Dan is all hat, no cattle!’ Failed New Jersey lawmaker now identifies as a COWBOY and is running for Congress in Texas (where it’s not going down to well…)
- A Texas House candidate who heralds from New Jersey and lost a House race in Nevada last year is being accused of pandering
- Republican Dan Rodimer is running in a special election in Texas’s 6th Congressional district to replace the late Rep. Ron Wright, who died of COVID
- In a campaign ad that debuted last week, Rodimer is wearing a cowboy hat and is shown riding a bull named ‘Nancy Pelosi’
- Rodimer’s voice is gravelly, as he yells that the ‘Communists in D.C. are ruining America’
- Rodimer is being accused of being a carpetbagger and for changing his persona, as he presented a clean-cut image running as a family man in Nevada in 2020
- Rep. Matt Gaetz also accused Rodimer of using a stunt-double in his bull-riding ad, tweeting, ‘We already have enough phonies in congress’
- Rodimer initially told Politico that he entered the race after being encouraged by Texas Sen. Ted Cruz and former President Donald Trump
A Texas House candidate who heralds from New Jersey and lost a House race in Nevada last year is being accused of pandering for transforming into a cowboy for his latest political run.
Republican Dan Rodimer is running in a special election in Texas’s 6th Congressional district to replace the late Rep. Ron Wright, who died of COVID-19 in February.
In an ad that debuted last week, ‘Big Dan’ Rodimer is shown riding a bull – named after House Speaker Nancy Pelosi – wearing a cowboy hat and speaking in a gravelly voice, which sounds remarkably different than his 2020 campaign ads.
Texas House candidate Dan Rodimer is facing ridicule for transforming into a cowboy for his latest political run. The New Jersey native ran last year for Congress in Nevada
Rodimer, a former World Wrestling Entertainment personality, tried to brand himself as a small businessman and family man when he was running for Congress in Nevada in 2020
Then, he was trying to present a clean-cut image, as a former World Wrestling Entertainment personality-turned-politician. ‘The wrestling thing again? Let’s cut the hype. I’m Dan Rodimer, I’m just a small businessman, a family man, living in the suburbs,’ Rodimer says looking into the camera, wearing a suit and tie.
During the 2020 race, two 911 calls with his now-wife and his arrest record were publicized, leading to the candidate putting an ad out depicting him as a polo-shirt wearing family man.
He lost the 2020 race to Democratic incumbent, Rep. Susie Lee. He had previously run for Nevada state Senate, but lost that race too.
When Rodimer became a late entry to the packed Texas House special election earlier this month, he told Politico that both Texas Sen. Ted Cruz and former President Donald Trump encouraged him to jump in.
In the bull-riding ad, which calls for ‘making America Texas again,’ Rodimer yells, ‘Three dirtiest jobs in the world: professional wrestling, politician and bull-riding. Let’s go boys!’
‘I’m big Dan Rodimer, Texas has big problems, we need a big fighter to solve those problems. The communists in D.C. are ruining America,’ he says with a gruff twang. ‘I know how to handle Nancy Pelosi and stop her bulls***. And I’ll put a boot right in her socialist platfrom,’ he adds, as he steps in a pile of manure.
Florida Rep. Matt Gaetz, one of former President Donald Trump’s top Congressional allies, tweeted Friday that he believed Rodimer had faked the bullride in his latest campaign ad
Rodimer is being called a carpetbagger.
In the bull-riding ad he says he moved ‘back to Texas,’ because he wanted to raise his kids in a ‘constitutional-friendly state.’
His campaign website said he previously lived in Houston and owns property in Galveston.
The 6th Congressional District is hours away – south of Dallas.
One of Trump’s most prominent Congressional allies, Rep. Matt Gaetz of Florida, called him out for faking the bullride, as the camera pulls away and doesn’t show the rider’s face merienda the bull is released into the pen.
‘Fake Texan makes fake video of fake bull ride,’ Gaetz wrote. ‘We already have enough phonies in congress. Texans, please send this Nevada man back to his true home state (where he lost two prior elections). Texas shouldn’t import its congressmen. Big Dan is all hat, no cattle.’
#Failed #Nevada #Republican #politician #Jersey #runs #Congress #Texas #COWBOY #makeover