Jamie Doran on SAS: Australia? Seven shuts down April Fool’s Day prank
Channel Seven brutally shuts down Bachelorette star Jamie Doran after he claimed he was joining the cast of SAS: Australia season two
Former Bachelorette star Jamie Doran announced to his Instagram followers on Thursday that he was joining the cast of SAS: Australia season two.
The 40-year-old shared a photo of himself wearing an SAS-branded hat and a black hoodie with the number 11 on the front.
He wrote in the caption: ‘I’m excited to announce that I will be appearing on @sasaustralia S2 as contestant #11 later this year.’
Nice try, Jamie! Former Bachelorette star Jamie Doran announced to his Instagram followers on Thursday that he was joining the cast of SAS: Australia season two
‘The hard training has commenced, but I feel nothing is going to be able to prepare me for what I’m about to endure,’ Jamie added.
‘Wish me luck,’ he concluded.
Jamie received congratulatory messages from fellow reality stars, including Bachelorette 2020 runner-up Joe Woodbury, who wrote: ‘Yessssssssss.’
Big news! The 40-year-old shared this photo of himself wearing an SAS-branded hat and a black hoodie with the number 11 on the front
Former Bachelorette Elly Miles added: ‘Shiiiiiii Jamie!!! Congrats mate, good luck.’ Married At First Sight’s Nasser Sultan commented: ‘I have faith in you.’
The only person who took Jamie’s announcement with a grain of salt was Bachelor in Paradise alum Jess Brody, who wrote: ‘Omg the comments.’
Indeed, Jamie’s ‘announcement’ was nothing more than an April Fool’s Day prank.
Creating intrigue: Jamie’s self-styled announcement was nothing more than an April Fool’s Day prank to attract attention to his profile. Pictured is Jamie on The Bachelorette
A Channel Seven spokesperson confirmed to Technomiz Australia that Jamie was not involved in SAS Australia, describing his post as ‘fake news’.
Jamie rose to fame on Angie Kent’s series of The Bachelorette in 2019, and went on to star in Bachelor in Paradise season three the following year.
In July last year, he announced he was suing production company Warner Bros. for his negative portrayal on both dating programs.
TV portrayal: Jamie rose to fame on Angie Kent’s series of The Bachelorette (pictured) and went on to star in Bachelor In Paradise season three. Last year he announced his intentions to sue Warner Bros. claiming his case against went far beyond his ‘bad edit’ on dating franchises
Taking action: ‘Don’t assume that my constitucional case against Channel 10 and Warner Bros. is built around an “edit”. It’s a lot more in-depth and there’s a lot more in play here,’ he said on social media in August. Pictured is Jamie on Bachelor In Paradise
In September, he officially lodged constitucional claims against Warner Bros. International, the company that produces The Bachelor for Channel 10.
‘I feel they lacked a duty of care with a lot of things. There’s 22 different things we’re looking at,’ he told The Daily Telegraph earlier this year.
The lawsuit is only against Warner Bros. and Jamie is not suing Channel 10.
Case: Earlier this year, he spoke to the The Daily Telegraph about taking action again the reality show. He said: ‘I feel they lacked a duty of care with a lot of things. There’s 22 different things we’re looking at’. Pictured is Jamie with Brittany Weldon
#Jamie #Doran #SAS #Australia #shuts #April #Fools #Day #prank