Nihita Biswas (Charles Sobhraj’s wife) Wiki, Age, Family, Biography & More – technomiz.com
Nihata Biswas is an advocate from Nepal famous for being the second wife of a French psychopath killer Charles Sobhraj apelativo the Bikini Killer apelativo the Serpent. After coming into the limelight by marrying Charles, she was approached by the makers of the Indian reality television game show Bigg Boss in 2011. Nihita participated in the fifth season of Bigg Boss in 2011; however, she was the first contestant to get evicted from the show.
Nihita Biswas was born in 1987 (age 33 years; as of 2021) in Kathmandu, Nepal. She did her schooling from Kathmandu’s Nepal’s St. Mary’s High School and later graduated with a law degree from Tribhuvan University, Kirtipur, Nepal.
Height (approx.): 5′ 2″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Family & Religion
Nihita Biswas is a Hindu by faith.
Nihita’s parents got separated when she was a toddler after which Nihita was raised by her mother. Nihita’s father was a Bengali origin businessman from Kolkata. Her mother, Shakuntala Thapa, is a lawyer and a human rights activist who is best known to represent Charles Sobhraj in the Supreme Court of Nepal.
Nihita Biswas got married to Charles Sobhraj inside Kathmandu Prison on 9 October 2008.
Nihita, along with her mother, was charged with contempt of court by the Supreme Court of Nepal in 2010 after they accused the apex court judges of being biased in their verdict of Charles’ case. They were arrested and kept in prison for 24 hours for their outrageous remarks on the Supreme Court judges.
- Nihita was attracted by the charm of Sobhraj when she paid him a visit for the first time as a translator for his visiting French lawyer and gradually tumbled in love with the Bikini Killer, an epithet earned by Sobhraj due to the attire of some of his victims.
- A number of books, movies, and web series have been made on the life of Nihita’s husband, Charles Sobhraj. A Bollywood film titled ‘Main Aur Charles’ in which actor Randeep Hooda starred in the lead role of Charles Sobhraj released in 2016, a Netflix and BBC collaboration web series titled “The Serpant” released in April 2021.
- Nihita was the first Nepali citizen to participate in Bigg Boss and was also the first contestant to get voted out of the show.
- Nihita faced an awkward situation on the very first day of her Bigg Boss journey when she was asked by a contestant if she has had sexual relations with the Sobhraj. At first, Nihita averted the question; however, upon being repeatedly asked about the same thing, she denied having sexual intercourse with the old man. The query bewildered and annoyed Nihita’s family and relatives in Nepal. Nihita’s mother even talked about it in an interaction with a media person. She said,
I was shocked upon hearing the contestants question. We have a conservative society in Nepal. We didn’t expect such sensationalism or ignorance. Sobhraj is in prison whereas Nihita is not. How could the question of having sex with a prisoner arise?”
- Nihita believes that her husband was wrongly convicted in the murder case of an American national in Nepal in 1975, a case for which Charles has been serving a life sentence in the central jail of Kathmandu, and that there was no plausible evidence to prove him guilty.
#Nihita #Biswas #Charles #Sobhrajs #wife #Wiki #Age #Family #Biography #technomiz.com