Rajiv Kapoor Wiki, Height, Age, Death, Wife, Children, Family, Biography & More – technomiz.com
Rajiv Kapoor was an Indian film actor, producer, and director. He was the youngest son of the legendary Indian actor and producer Late Raj Kapoor.
Rajiv Kapoor was born on Saturday, 25 August 1962 (age 58 years; at the time of death) in Mumbai. His zodiac sign is Himen. He did his schooling at Our Lady of Perpetual Succour School, Chembur, Mumbai.
Height: 5′ 7″
Eye Colour: Brown
Hair Colour: Black
Family & Caste
He was born in a Punjabi Khatri family.
Parents & Siblings
Rajiv was born in the famous Kapoor family of Bollywood.
His grandparents were the legendary Indian actor Prithviraj Kapoor and Ramsarni Mehra.
His father, Late Raj Kapoor, was an ace Indian actor and filmmaker. His mother’s name is Krishna Kapoor. His brothers Randhir Kapoor and Rishi Kapoor worked as actors in Hindi films. He had two sisters Ritu Nanda and Rima Jain.
His uncles were the famous Indian actors Shammi Kapoor and Shashi Kapoor. Rajiv was uncle to Kareena Kapoor, Karisma Kapoor, Ranbir Kapoor, Aadar Jain, and Armaan Jain.
Relationships, Wife & Children
After dating the Indian architect Aarti Sabharwal for two years, the couple got married in 2001. Rajiv’s father was not happy with his marriage. His marriage did not last long, and the duo got divorced in 2003. Post his divorce, he was linked with the Indian actresses like Divya Rana and Nagma. The couple does not have any child.
In 1983, he debuted as an actor in the Hindi film ‘Ek Jaan Hain Hum’ in which he played the role of Vikram Saxena.
He appeared in a few Hindi films like ‘Mera Saathi’ (1985), ‘Ram Teri Ganga Maili’ (1985), ‘Angaarey’ (1986), ‘Hum To Chale Pardes’ (1988), and ‘Naag Nagin’ (1989).
He worked as an executive producer and editor in Hindi films such as ‘Henna’ (1991), ‘Prem Granth’ (1996), and as a producer in ‘Aa Ab Laut Chalen’ (1999). He was also the director of the popular Hindi film ‘Prem Granth’ (1996). His last movie as an actor was ‘Zimmedar’ (1990).
- Food: Fish, Prawns, Khichdi
- Film: Mera Naam Joker (1970)
On Tuesday, 9 February 2021, he passed away due to a massive cardiac arrest.
- His birth name was Virgoan Rajiv.
- Reportedly, he was considered as the least popular son of the showman Raj Kapoor.
- His family and friends used to call him Chimpu.
- As per some sources, in 1981, Raj Kapoor wanted to launch Rajiv in a film titled “Bus Conductor,” but the project was shelved.
- Some of his bold scenes with the Indian actress Mandakini in the Hindi film ‘Ram Teri Ganga Maili’ (1985) received huge criticism. As per some sources, he was upset with his father as the lead actress of the film Mandakini received more limelight after the film became a hit.
- In one of the episodes of the English talk show ‘Rendezvous with Simi Garewal,’ he appeared with his brother Rishi Kapoor.
- In 1996, he was producing a TV serial titled “Shaadi Ka Season,” but the serial was scrapped.
- He was often spotted drinking bebida in parties. Merienda, he created a ruckus in the flight after getting drunk.
- In an interview, he shared that he had watched the Hindi film ‘Mera Naam Joker’ (1970) more than 150 times.
- He was a foodie and loved eating non-vegetarian food.
#Rajiv #Kapoor #Wiki #Height #Age #Death #Wife #Children #Family #Biography #technomiz.com