Bank Holiday | Holidays : Banks will remain closed for many days in August 2021 too, see list of holidays
- Banks are closed across the country on National Holidays.
- With some holidays being different in the states, the holidays are also different in the banks.
- RBI has divided bank holidays into three categories.
Like every month, in August 2021 too, banks have holidays for several days. Therefore, before leaving the house, know when and on which day the banks will be closed this month. The first bank holiday in August begins on August 1. This day is Sunday. But apart from 2nd Saturday, 4th Saturday and Sunday there are total 8 holidays in the month of August 2021. 15th August 2021 is a Sunday and will also be a holiday due to Independence Day.
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has divided bank holidays into three categories. These are- Negotiable Instruments Act Holiday Time Gross Settlement Holidays, Banking Closing Day Holidays. But some holidays are same for all banks across the country. Government and private banks, foreign banks, cooperative banks and regional banks remain closed on these holidays.
List of Bank Holidays in August 2021
- 13 August 2021 Friday – Patriot’s Day
- 16 August 2021 Monday – Pars New Year (Shahenshahi)
- August 19, 2021 Thursday – Muharram (Ashura)
- August 20, 2021 Friday – Muharram / 1st Onam
- 21st August, 2021 Saturday – Thiruvonam
- 23 August 2021 Monday – Shree Narayan Guru Jayanti
- August 30, 2021 Monday – Janmashtami (Shravan Vad-8) / Krishna Jayanti
- 31 August 2021 Tuesday – Shri Krishna Ashtami
Pars New Year (Shahenshahi) will be observed on August 16, 2021, resulting in the closure of banks in Belapur, Mumbai and Nagpur. On August 19, 2021, on account of Muharram (Ashura), banks will be closed at the following locations Agartala, Ahmedabad, Belapur, Bhopal, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Jammu, Kanpur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, New Delhi, Patna, Raipur, Ranchi , and Srinagar.
Banks in Bangalore, Chennai, Kochi and Kerala will remain closed on 20 August 2021 on account of Muharram and first Onam. Due to the fact that Thiruvonam falls on August 21, 2021, banks in Kochi and Kerala will remain closed. There will be a bank holiday in Kochi and Thiruvananthapuram on 23rd August 2021 on account of Sree Narayana Guru Jayanti.
Banks will remain closed on August 28, as it is the fourth Saturday of this month. August 29 falls on a Sunday, so banks will remain closed in the country. Banks will remain closed in Chandigarh, Chennai, Dehradun, Gangtok, Jaipur, Jammu, Kanpur, Lucknow, Patna, Raipur, Ranchi, Shillong, Shimla and Srinagar on August 30 on the occasion of Janmashtami (Shravan Vad-8)/Krishna Jayanti. Hyderabad will remain closed on 30 August 2021 on account of Shri Krishna Ashtami. In this way, National Holidays have different holidays in different states. Therefore, before leaving the house, definitely check the list of holidays.
#Bank #Holiday #Holidays #Banks #remain #closed #days #August #list #holidays