Gandhinagar Rajdhani Railway Station | Gandhinagar Capital Railway Station
Gandhi Nagar Railway Station/Gandhinagar Railway Station
- Gandhinagar Capital is the first station on which a five star hotel has been built.
- Prime Minister will virtually inaugurate a five-star hotel above the railway station on July 16
- Gandhinagar Rajdhani railway station has been modernized at a cost of Rs 71 crore
E Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate several important railway projects in Gujarat through video conference on Friday and dedicate to the public the ‘Aquatics and Robotics Gallery’ and the ‘Nature Park’ located in Gujarat Science City.
Among the railway projects, the newly redeveloped Gandhinagar Rajdhani railway station, converted into a large line and capable of operating electric locomotives, the Mahesana-Varetha line and the recently converted Surendranagar-Pipavav line, will be inaugurated. On July 16, the Prime Minister will virtually inaugurate the redeveloped Gandhinagar Railway Station and the 318-room five-star hotel above the railway station.
Prime Minister Modi will flag off two new trains, Gandhinagar Rajdhani-Varanasi Superfast Express and MEMU between Gandhinagar Rajdhani and Waretha. According to the Prime Minister’s Office, Gandhinagar Rajdhani railway station has been modernized at a cost of Rs 71 crore and has been provided with world class facilities at par with the modern airport.
Gandhinagar Capital is the first station on which a five star hotel has been built. This station will give passengers a feel of airport-like facilities. This dream project of Prime Minister Narendra Modi is unique in many ways. Apart from this station, PM Modi will inaugurate Vadnagar station and six other development projects on July 16.
Take a look at the features of Gandhinagar Rajdhani Railway Station-
- Special ticket windows, ramps, lifts and secure parking have been arranged for the convenience of the differently-abled. The entire building has been designed as a green building.
- State-of-the-art theme based lighting has been provided at the station, in which 32 themes have been prescribed, while the station premises will also have a five star hotel.
- The tanks in the state-of-the-art Aquatic Gallery house a variety of aquatic creatures brought in from around the world, while the main tank houses sharks imported from around the world.
- A 28 meter long walk-way tunnel has also been built to give a special experience to the visitors.
- Air-conditioned hall and 1100 meters of open space will be available for organizing social and family functions at Gandhinagar Capital Railway Station and Hotel.
- A 318-room five-star hotel has been built above this station.
- 700 crores have been spent on the hotel built in 7400 sqm.
- Underpasses have been made on both sides of it.
- 1500 passengers can be handled at the station to reach the hotel.
Its capacity can be increased to 2200.
The railway station will be 100% disabled friendly.
Iron arches of 105 meters have been installed on both sides of the railway station, in which there is no joint anywhere. Three platforms, two escalators, three elevators and two pedestrian subways have been constructed at the station. There are eight art galleries showcasing the historical places and folk art of Gujarat.
(with agency input)
(Twitter for all photos)
#Gandhinagar #Rajdhani #Railway #Station #Gandhinagar #Capital #Railway #Station