ITR News | ITR filing made easy on new Income Tax website, how to download Form 26AS, ITR filing made easy on new Income Tax website, How to download Form 26AS
How to Download Form 26AS for ITR (Photo – istock)
- Now you can file ITR from your smartphone also.
- Downloading Form 26As has become easy in the new portal.
- Taxpayers will also get free ITR preparation software.
Income Tax Department launched its new ITR e-filing website – www.incometax.gov.in on 7th June 2021. The aim of this new income tax portal is to make Income Tax Return (ITR) filing easier and enable taxpayers. Now you can file ITR from your mobile phone also. Apart from various other features of this new income tax website, taxpayers will be provided with free ITR preparation software for ITR Form-1 and ITR Form-2.
The new portal also has a simple download facility for Form 26As. Form 26AS is basically your tax credit statement. It contains all the information about tax deducted on your PAN by various deductors, details of tax collected by the collectors and advance tax paid by the taxpayer.
Also known as Annual Consolidated Statement, it is an important document that contains all the tax-related information of the taxpayer like TDS (Tax Deducted at Source), Advance Tax, etc. After the launch of the new income website, a taxpayer can now check his tax details by simply downloading Form 26AS from the new portal.
How to download Form 26AS from the new Income Tax portal?
- Log on to the official Income Tax new website – incometax.gov.in.
- Click on the ‘Login’ option on the top right side of the home page.
- After logging in, go to the ‘e-File’ menu and click on the link ‘View Form 26AS (Tax Credit)’.
- Read the disclaimer carefully and click on the ‘Confirm’ button.
- After clicking on the ‘Confirm’ button of the disclaimer, you will be redirected to the TDS-CPC website.
- On the TDS-CPC website, agree to the acceptance of the uses and click on the ‘Proceed’ option.
- Click on the option ‘View Tax Credit (Form 26AS)’.
- Select the assessment year.
- Select ‘View Type’ (HTML, Text or PDF).
- Click on ‘View/Download’.
- Your Form 26AS will be displayed on the computer monitor or cell phone screen.
- Download and save Form 26AS for future use.
With this new portal, taxpayers will be provided with free offline and online ITR preparation software. Taxpayers friendly software will include interactive questions which will help the taxpayers. People without any prior tax knowledge can also use this portal to reduce the data entry effort in filing their ITRs before filing returns.
#ITR #News #ITR #filing #easy #Income #Tax #website #download #Form #26AS #ITR #filing #easy #Income #Tax #website #download #Form #26AS