News ki Pathshala: India’s new scrap policy released, understand here A 2 Z, India’s new scrap policy released, understand here A 2 Z
India’s new scrap policy released, understand here A 2 Z
- In 1951, there were three lakh vehicles in the country, which has now become 33 crores.
- The population of the country is 36 crores in 1951, now the population is about 136 crores.
- 36 thousand children are being born in a day in the country and 42 thousand vehicles are being sold
A new scrap policy has been launched in the country, the name of this policy is Voluntary Vehicle-Fleet Modernization Program which is simply called Vehicle Scrapping Policy. Old and unfit vehicles will be removed from the roads in a scientific way, how will the country benefit from it, we will tell it, but why it is important to tell it, first understand that the total registered vehicles in India are 3 lakh vehicles in 1951, 33 crore vehicles in 2021, The population of the country in 1951 – 36 crores The population of the country in 2021 – is 136 crores.
A lot changed from 1951 to 2021
This means that in 1951, 1 out of 1200 people owned a car. In 2021 every fourth person has a car. In India 25 babies are born in 1 minute. 29 vehicles are being sold in 1 minute i.e. 36000 children are being born in a day, about 42 thousand vehicles are being sold. How many vehicles are sold each year? 1 crore 52 lakh vehicles – sold in 2020. Every month one model of the car is launched in India 2021- 22 cars per 1000 people 2040- 175 cars per 1000 people.
What’s in a scrapping policy?
- 15 to 20 years old vehicles will be scrapped
- 15 years for commercial vehicles
- 20 years is fixed for private vehicles
What will you have to do?
- After the vehicle registration date is over
- Automated fitness center
- These centers will be opened across the country
- These centers will be run by private companies
- Here will be the fitness test of your vehicle
- The vehicle will be declared dead if it fails the fitness test.
- Car will be sent in scrap
From October this year, the rules of the scrapping center will become
In 2022, scrapping of government and PSU vehicles older than 15 years will start.
Fitness test will be mandatory for heavy vehicles from 2023
Fitness test will be mandatory for private vehicles from 2024
What did the Bombay High Court say
Bombay High Court has said that a flat owner should not be allowed to buy 4-5 vehicles. If there is no parking space then what is the need to buy more vehicles. If you have the ability to buy a car, it does not mean that you should buy 4-5 vehicles.
The concerned departments should check whether the buyer of the vehicle has parking or not. The High Court further said that only vehicles are visible all around. The streets have been made parking. 30% of the roads are occupied. And this is happening in every area. The court has sought a response from the government in 2 weeks. Whether a policy will be made on parking.
#News #Pathshala #Indias #scrap #policy #released #understand #Indias #scrap #policy #released #understand