Ujjwala Yojana 2.0: PM Modi starts second phase, 1 crore free LPG connections to be given
Prime Minister Narendra Modi
- About 1 crore gas connections will be given in the second phase of the Ujjwala scheme.
- Along with the free LPG connection, the first refill and hotplate will be given free.
- There will be minimum paperwork required for the process of enrollment.
PM Ujjwala Yojana 2.0 : Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the second phase of ‘Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana’ from Mahoba district of Uttar Pradesh. Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath is present in Mahoba on this occasion. Online certificates were also given by the Prime Minister to 10 beneficiaries of the second phase. PM Modi interacted online with 5 beneficiaries from different states in the first phase. After this he addressed the country. In the first phase of ‘Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana’, a total of one crore 47 lakh 43 thousand 862 LPG connections have been made available to the poor families of Uttar Pradesh. The first phase of Ujjwala Yojana was started on 1 May 2016 from Ballia district of Uttar Pradesh.
Under Ujjwala 2.0, the beneficiaries will be given deposit free LPG connection as well as first refill and hotplate free. Also, it will require minimal paperwork to process the enrollment. In Ujjwala 2.0, migrants will not need to submit ration card or residence proof. For both ‘Family Declaration’ and ‘Residence Proof’, a declaration by itself is sufficient. Ujjwala 2.0 will help in realizing the Prime Minister’s vision of universal access to LPG.
Ujjwala Yojana 2.0: PM Modi said these things
- PM Modi said that today in the next phase of Ujjwala scheme many sisters are getting free gas connection and gas stove. I once again congratulate all the beneficiaries. Today I am remembering another great child of Bundelkhand. Major Dhyan Chand, our Dadda Dhyan Chand. The name of the country’s highest sports award is now Major Dhyan Chand Khel Ratna Award. I am sure that this name of Dadda associated with Khel Ratna will inspire lakhs and crores of youth amidst the phenomenal performance of our young comrades in the Olympics. This time we have seen that our players have not only won medals in the Olympics, but have also given a sign of the future by performing well in many sports.
- The PM said that if we look at the progress of the last seven and a half decades, then we definitely feel that there are some situations, some situations which could have been changed many decades ago. Home, electricity, water, toilets, gas, roads, hospitals, schools, there are many such basic needs for which the countrymen had to wait for decades, it is sad.
- PM Modi said that our daughters will be able to come out of the house and kitchen and contribute extensively in nation building only when the problems related to home and kitchen are solved first. Therefore, in the last 6-7 years, every such solution has been worked on a mission mode.
- PM Modi said that the Ujjwala scheme has given a lot of emphasis to this resolution of health, convenience and empowerment of sisters. In the first phase of the scheme, 8 crore poor, dalit, underprivileged, backward, tribal families were given free gas connections. Under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, pucca houses of more than 2 crore poor have been built. Most of the ownership rights in these houses belong to women. We built thousands of km of rural roads, then through Saubhagya Yojana, gave electricity connections to about 3 crore poor families.
- PM Modi said that many of our friends from all over UP and other states including Bundelkhand, go from village to city to work, go to other states. But there they face the problem of proof of address. Similarly, the Ujjwala 2.0 scheme will give maximum relief to lakhs of such families. Now my labor colleagues do not need to wander here and there for proof of address. The government has full faith in your honesty. All you have to do is give a self-declaration of your address, that is, by writing yourself and you will get a gas connection.
- PM Modi said that the government’s effort is also in this direction that like water in your kitchen, gas should also come through pipes. This gas is also much cheaper than the cylinder. In many districts of Eastern India including Uttar Pradesh, the work of providing PNG connections is going on at a fast pace.
- The PM said that now the country is moving towards fulfilling the dream of a better life by fulfilling the basic facilities. Together we have to prove this resolve of a capable and capable India. Sisters are going to have a special role in this.
- On this occasion, the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh, Yogi Adityanath said that I thank the Honorable Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi ji for choosing Uttar Pradesh for the launch of the second phase of Ujjwala Yojana. Under the guidance of respected Prime Minister, 8 crore LPG connections have been given to Matrushakti under Ujjwala Yojana 1.0. The decision to provide 1 crore additional connections under Ujjwala 2.0 will further ease the availability of clean cooking fuel and the standard of living.
- CM Yogi said that the environment benefited through the Ujjwala scheme, while there was a change in the lives of crores of women. One and a half crore families of Uttar Pradesh got its benefit in the first phase. LPG cylinders were provided free of cost for 6 months even during the Corona period with the inspiration of the respected Prime Minister. The second phase of PM Ujjwala Yojana is starting today, it is really a unique gift given by you along with protecting the dignity of women and their health. Under the UDAN scheme, the process of building airports in Chitrakoot and Lalitpur is also going on fast. I am happy to inform that by December 2021, the scheme of pipelined drinking water and Har Ghar Nal will be completed in Bundelkhand. All this is possible because of your inspiration. With the help of the Ujjwala scheme, the consumption of kerosene has reduced today, saving the UP government Rs 1,500 crore.
Journey from Ujjwala 1.0 to Ujjwala 2.0
During the Ujjwala Yojana 1.0 launched in the year 2016, a target was set to provide LPG connections to 5 crore women members of families living below the poverty line. Subsequently, in April 2018, the scheme was expanded to include women beneficiaries of seven more categories (Scheduled Castes or Scheduled Tribes, PMAY, AAY, Extremely Backward Classes, Tea Garden, Forest Dwellers, Islanders). Also, its target was revised to 8 crore LPG connections. This target was achieved in August 2019 itself, seven months before the scheduled date.
The provision of one crore additional LPG connections under PMUY scheme was announced in the Union Budget for the financial year 21-22. These one crore additional PMUY connections (under Ujjwala 2.0) are aimed at providing deposit-free LPG connections to low-income households that could not be covered under the first phase of PMUY.
#Ujjwala #Yojana #Modi #starts #phase #crore #free #LPG #connections