How is Bhumi Pednekar’s first horror film, see Durgamati review in 5 points, Durgamati the myth movie review in hindi
Durgamati the myth movie review in hindi   |  Photo Credits: Twitter
- Bhumi Pednekar plays the lead role in Durgamati
- Mahi Gill is also in a special role in the film.
- This is a remake of a south film
Bhumi Pednekar’s Durgamati has been released on Amazon Prime amid the lockdown. Bhumi Pednekar has become a part of a horror film for the first time. By the way, this film is a remake of Bhagmati in which Anushka Shetty played the lead role. The director of the film is G Ashok, who also directed Bhagmati. The producer of the film is Akshay Kumar.
Of course, the Telugu film Bhagmati received a lot of praise and one of the reasons for this was the tight direction along with Anushka’s excellent acting. but Does Durgamati of the land meet this criterion, see in this review –
1. The first point regarding the comparison of Bhumi and Anushka. Bhumi Pednekar is known for her effortless acting in Bollywood and her work in Durgamati is also good. Yes, but only if you watch the film without comparing her to Anushka Shetty. The scenes with IAS officers have a lot of ground but Anushka was heavy on them in the horror scenes. Perhaps the reason for this is the experience of his earlier films.
2. Talking about the director, the person watching both the films cannot say that their director is the same. G Ashok has been a bit weak in threading the Hindi episode. The reason for this is also that there is a slight difference in the treatment of making South and Hindi movies, he could not understand it. The film moves fast in the South but in Hindi films, the audience wants to go with the first character and cannot accept the film without that time.
3. Durgamati has failed miserably in the horror factor. A big factor in creating fear in these films is the background music, which is very weak in Durga Matak and does not make the film effective.
4. Durgamati’s dialogues are also very bad. The story of Madhya Pradesh has been shown in the film, but there is no touch of it in anyone’s language. Mahi Gill, who has been called in Hindi by showing her in Bengali, is stunned despite her strong screen presence.
5. Durgamati is also not effective in cinematography, editing and art direction. The links in the film do not seem to be connected. Overall, Durgamati could neither become a thriller nor a horror, nor could it strike the political and social fabric.
#Bhumi #Pednekars #horror #film #Durgamati #review #points #Durgamati #myth #movie #review #hindi