Bagram airport | Bagram airbase was a symbol of US military power, here the commandos who killed Osama were trained, Bagram airbase in Afghanistan a symbol of military power of America
Bagram Airbase has been a symbol of US military might.  |  Photo Credits: AP
- On Friday, the US army left the Bagram military base and left
- The airbase, located an hour away from Kabul, was the main base of the US Army
- Afghan security forces have taken control of this important airbase
New Delhi : Last Friday, the last contingent of the US military left Afghanistan’s Bagram airbase. The US Army stayed at this military base for 20 years and from here it conducted many of its important operations against the terrorists. This military base has been seen as a symbol of US military might in Afghanistan. From this base, the US Army took sensitive military equipment and other things with them. However, he left the vehicles, ambulances, cars and freezes used for military operations and his need here. With the movement of thousands of American soldiers and the rumble of planes, this airbase, which gave a message against terrorism, is now deserted.
Soviet Russia built an airbase in the 1950s
Bagram Airbase was built by the Soviet Union and Russia in the 1950s. This military base was used by both the big superpowers of the world. After the departure of American troops, this airbase has been taken over by Afghan security forces. Come, know here why this airbase was so important for the US Army-
- In 1959, this airbase was visited by the then Russian President Dwight Eisenover.
- After the invasion of Afghanistan in 1979, it became an important military base of Russia.
- After fighting in Afghanistan, Soviet forces withdrew from here in 1989.
- Before the arrival of US forces in Afghanistan, there was a skirmish between the Taliban and the Northern Alliance at this airbase.
- The Taliban had a strong hold in the southern region of Afghanistan and the Northern Alliance in the northern region of the country.
- After the terrorist attacks on the US on September 11, 2001, Afghanistan turned into a battlefield.
- The US Army, which reached Afghanistan, made Bagram Airbase its main base.
- Hospitals, prisons and accommodation for thousands of soldiers were arranged at this airbase. Suspected terrorists were also kept in captivity here.
- This airbase was expanded as the number of American and NATO troops increased.
- Permanent barracks, gym and Pizza Hut were built for the soldiers at the airbase.
- This airbase has been visited by many Presidents of America. Trump also came here and met the soldiers.
- The US Navy SEAL commands were also trained here to kill Osama bin Laden.
#Bagram #airport #Bagram #airbase #symbol #military #power #commandos #killed #Osama #trained #Bagram #airbase #Afghanistan #symbol #military #power #America