IBPS Full Form : Institute of Banking Personnel Selection
What is IBPS?
Institute of Banking Personnel Selection is an autonomous recruitment body established by the Government of India to promote recruitment and placement of young graduates in Public Sector Banks in India.
It came into existence in 1984. It comes under RBI, Ministry of Finance and NIBM. IBPS conducts more than 450 examinations every year through multiple sessions and receives more than one crore applications.
Which exams come under IBPS?
Currently, IBPS conducts four separate exams within a year, and each exam takes place within a period of three to four months. Includes: IBPS SO, IBPS PO, IBPS Clerk & IBPS RRB
Let us learn about individual exams
- IBPS SO: This exam is conducted for the recruitment of “Specialist Officers”. Scale 1 SO provides grade management services at junior level in areas like HR, IT, Marketing, Law etc. Scale 2 SO requires specialization like MBA, PG, PGDBM, CFA etc. In addition, work experience is also required.
- IBPS PO: There are two exams, Preliminary and Mains followed by Interview. To apply for this post, the applicant must be a graduate. On passing the exam, you are appointed to the post of Assistant Manager (AM) as Probationary Officer. Know IBPS PO Prelims & Mains Syllabus and Exam Pattern
- IBPS Clerk: It is conducted for clerical posts. There are two exams in this, Preliminary and Mains.
- IBPS RRB: Group A personnel 1, 2 and 3 and Group B personnel are recruited through this exam. The required degree and work experience is essential for this exam.
Institute of Banking Personnel Selection is reflected as a self-governing academic and research-oriented institution, with a mission to enhance human resource development through personnel evaluation. IBPS conducts many examinations for various clerical and officer posts and hence it is considered as a premier organization in the field of employment testing, selection and evaluation for various posts especially in Indian National Banks.
In India, applications are made for the jobs of employees in 19 banks under IBPS, the list of which you can see below.
- Syndicate Bank
- Corporation Bank
- Union Bank Of India
- Indian Overseas Bank
- Punjab And Sind Bank
- Punjab National Bank
- United Bank Of India
- Central Bank Of India
- Maharastra Canara Bank
- Oriental Bank Of Commerce
- Uco Bank
- Vijay Bank
- Dena Bank
- Indian Bank
- Canara Bank
- Baroda Bank
- Bank Of India
- Andhra Bank
- Allahabad Bank
Other IBPS Full Form
Institute of Banking Personnel Selection -> IBPS Full form in Banking Exam
Institute of Banking and Personnel Solution -> IBPS Full Form in Banking
Institute of Banking and Personnel Selection
Institute of Banking Personal Selection