IND vs NZ, WTC Final, Milestones: india vs new zealand world test championship final southampton players WTC Final: From Rohit Sharma to Kane Williamson, the players of both the teams, know what records can be made
IND vs NZ, WTC Final, Milestones: The World Test Championship final between India and New Zealand is to begin. The first session has been washed out due to rain. Know which players have their eyes on the records with the match.
World Test Championship  |  Photo Credits: Twitter
- The eyes of the players of India and New Zealand are on these records
- World Test Championship final between India and New Zealand
- WTC Final is being played between India and New Zealand in Southampton
Southampton: India and New Zealand will face two of the best teams in world cricket in the inaugural World Test Championship final. The much-awaited final toss was delayed due to rain in Southampton and the first session has been washed out. Both the teams have many great players, who can change the course of the match on their own. Both the teams are quite balanced, after which it is not proving easy for anyone to predict the winner.
This match is also very special for many players from the point of view of records. Players who are close to a record would like to achieve this in the WTC Finals as this stage is special. Let us tell you which players are close to achieving the record or big achievement.
India’s fierce opener Rohit Sharma needs only 45 runs to complete 1000 runs in Test matches abroad. The Hitman has so far scored 955 runs in 20 Tests overseas at an average of 27. This includes six fifties.
- Indian Test team vice-captain Ajinkya Rahane is just 5 steps away from scoring a remarkable century. Slip specialist Rahane needs five catches to complete 100 catches in Test matches.
- Kane Williamson needs 8 runs to cross the 4000-run mark as the Test captain of his country. Williamson has scored 3092 runs in 36 Tests as captain. His average was 60.62. During this, the right-handed batsman scored 11 centuries and 13 half-centuries. Only former captain Stephen Fleming (5156) is ahead of Williamson in this list.
- Indian off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin is just four wickets away from becoming the highest wicket-taker in the upcoming World Test Championship (WTC) period. Just ahead of Ashwin is Australian fast bowler Pat Cummins, who has 70 wickets in his account. Cummins has taken these wickets in 14 Test matches while Ashwin has 67 wickets in 13 Test matches.
- Indian team captain Virat Kohli will break the record of former captain MS Dhoni as soon as he enters the WTC final. Kohli will become the captain to lead India in most Test matches and a win in this match will take him to number four in the list of most successful captains in the world. Virat Kohli has led the Indian team in 60 Tests so far and is on par with MS Dhoni. Virat Kohli will make this record in his name as soon as he enters the WTC final.
- Ravindra Jadeja has so far scored 1954 runs in 51 Tests and has taken 220 wickets. Ravindra Jadeja needs 46 runs to complete 2000 runs. If he manages to score 46 runs in the WTC final, then he will make a very special achievement. Jadeja will become the fifth Indian bowler to take 2000 runs and 200 or more wickets in Test cricket. As soon as Jadeja scores 46 runs, Anil Kumble will join the special club along with Kapil Dev, Harbhajan Singh and Ravichandran Ashwin.
- Former New Zealand captain Ross Taylor is 188 runs away from achieving a big milestone against India. Taylor needs 1000 runs to complete 1000 runs in Tests against India. He has scored 812 runs in 14 matches against India at an average of 33.83 with the help of three centuries and one half-century.
Cricket News (cricket news) Times now on Hindi news website -Times Network Hindi. And as well as IPL News in Hindi (IPL News) for updates on us google news Follow on.
#IND #WTC #Final #Milestones #india #zealand #world #test #championship #final #southampton #players #WTC #Final #Rohit #Sharma #Kane #Williamson #players #teams #records