Mustard oil benefits: Mustard oil is beneficial for health in many ways, what does the recent report say
(Image credits – iStock images)
- Mustard oil improves digestion power
- Food cooked in mustard oil is beneficial
- Mustard oil helps in weight control
New Delhi: It would not be wrong to say that during the Corona period, awareness about people’s health and fitness has increased. Now people are taking precautions regarding food. Along with this, their awareness about fitness has also increased compared to before. In such a situation, mustard oil has emerged as the preferred oil among health conscious Indians. A large number of people are now giving preference to mustard oil to keep themselves fit.
Benefits of cooking food in mustard oil
A landmark study conducted by Harvard School of Medicine along with All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi and St. John’s Hospital, Bangalore has shown that mustard oil is primarily used as a cooking and deep-frying oil. Consumption can reduce the risk associated with coronary heart disease by more than 70 percent.
Mustard oil benefits in hindi
This is the reason why in today’s time Dr. Many eminent cardiologists like C. Manchanda clearly recommend cold-pressed (also known as kacchi ghani) mustard oil for a healthy heart and vascular system. Nutritionists and dietitians are also unanimous that mustard oil is one of the healthiest cooking oils that you can find in the market.
- Mustard oil improves digestion and also helps in increasing appetite.
- Being rich in thiamine, folate and niacin, it helps in weight loss.
- Its massage also reduces excess body fat.
- Mustard oil is helpful in keeping cholesterol balanced.
- Massaging with mustard oil strengthens the muscles of the body and improves blood circulation.
- It eliminates dryness of the skin.
- 3.Mustard oil is also used for fungal infections.
- Mustard oil is also beneficial in toothache and pyorrhea.
- Mustard oil saves us for its cancer-causing properties because mustard oil contains an element called glucosinolate.
Mustard Oil Rich in Natural Vitamins and Antioxidants
According to Umesh Verma, General Manager (Marcom), Puri Oil Mills Limited (manufacturer of P Mark Mustard Oil), while speaking at a webinar organized by our company, Ms. Devgan had pointed out that cold-pressed mustard oil is in many ways one of its composition. Ideal cooking medium. It contains all the right fatty acids in ideal proportions and is rich in natural vitamins and antioxidants.
benefits of mustard oil in hindi
In our manufacturing processes, we strive to fully retain this natural composition of Mustard Oil, so that our consumers can enjoy all the nutrients and health benefits that are promised in Cold Pressed Mustard Oil. Diet and food habits have created a major imbalance in the omega-6 and omega-3 ratio and mustard oil can play an important role in correcting it.
specialty of mustard oil
- Plant-based oils such as mustard oil contain phytosterols, which prevent bad cholesterol (LDL) from being absorbed into the body.
- Mustard oil notably contains zero trans fatty acids (TFAs).
- It retains all its natural nutrients.
- The major advantage of cold-pressed mustard oil is that it contains the ideal ratio of omega-6 and omega-3.
- The specialty of mustard oil is that all the nutrients in it are stable and intact even at high temperature.
- As a cooking medium, mustard oil with its high smoking point (around 250 °C) is ideal for Indian cooking, which requires prolonged high flame heating.
- Mustard oil is rich in monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFAs), which help maintain a healthy cholesterol balance.
- Mustard oil also contains alpha linolenic acid (ALA), which keeps the heart and blood vessels healthy.
Nutritionist and diet consultant Neha Patodia also wholeheartedly agrees with Kavita Devgan and says that the World Health Organization (WHO) has recommended a ratio of 5:4 (omega-6 to omega-3). Cold-pressed mustard oil comes closest to this benchmark with a ratio of 1:1.
Rujuta Diwekar, a leading nutritionist and fitness expert also strongly recommends cold-pressed traditional oils like mustard oil. She believes that if the oil has been used in a particular region for thousands of years to prepare local cuisines , it means that the oil has been fit for the health and dietary needs of that area.
Mustard oil helpful in nutrition
According to nutritionist and dietician Vijaya Agarwal, oils extracted from plant sources are important for proper nutrition, as they contain some essential fatty acids like omega-3, which cannot be synthesized by the human body. One such phytosterol is alpha linolenic acid (ALA), which significantly reduces the risk of heart disease, high blood pressure and atherosclerosis.
Mustard Oil Helps in Weight Loss
Dr. Manjari Chandra, who specializes in therapeutic nutrition and clinical dietetics, sees cold pressed mustard oil as a powerful detoxification agent, especially when combined with the right foods – beta-carotene, in particular. Vegetables loaded with healthy phytochemicals like lycopene, flavonoids, isothiocyanates, etc. Simran Saini works as a nutritionist and a consultant for weight loss, who gives advice on lifestyle related health issues like high cholesterol level, high blood pressure on daily basis, she also strongly believes in mustard oil is. (with IANS input)
Disclaimer: The tips and advice suggested in this article are for general information only and should not be taken as professional medical advice. Consult your doctor before starting any kind of fitness program or making any changes to your diet.
#Mustard #oil #benefits #Mustard #oil #beneficial #health #ways #report