Most Sixes in Tests I Tim Southee surpasses Ricky Ponting, inches close to MS Dhoni on list of most sixes
- Tim Southee becomes second New Zealand player to hit most sixes in Tests
- Tim Southee hit two sixes in the first innings of the WTC final against India
- Tim Southee surpasses Ponting for most sixes in Test cricket
southamptonNew Zealand pacer Tim Southee made a big achievement with the bat in the World Test Championship final against India on Tuesday. The World Test Championship for Southee was excellent with the ball as he was the leading wicket-taker for his team. But on Tuesday, Southee played a useful inning of 30 runs against India and achieved a unique feat with the bat. Southee has become the second New Zealand cricketer to hit the most number of sixes in Test cricket.
Southee hit two sixes during his innings in the WTC final against India and surpassed former Australia captain Ricky Ponting for the most number of sixes in Test cricket. Southee has become the second batsman from New Zealand and 15th in the world to score the most number of sixes in the longest format of cricket. Former captain Brendon McCullum holds the record for most sixes from New Zealand, who also holds the top of the list for most sixes in the world.
Brendon McCullum has hit 107 sixes in 101 Test matches. Tim Southee has 75 sixes in 79 Test matches. Southee would now like to overtake former India captain MS Dhoni, with whom he is only four sixes behind. Mahendra Singh Dhoni hit 78 sixes in 90 Tests.
Batsman with most sixes in test cricket
- Brendon McCullum – 107 sixes in 101 matches
- Adam Gilchrist – 100 sixes in 96 matches
- Chris Gayle – 98 sixes in 103 matches
- Jacques Kallis – 97 sixes in 166 matches
- Virender Sehwag – 91 sixes in 104 matches
- Brian Lara – 88 sixes in 131 matches
- Chris Carnes – 87 sixes in 62 matches
- Viv Richards – 84 sixes in 121 matches
- Andrew Flintoff – 82 sixes in 79 matches
- Matthew Hayden – 82 sixes in 103 matches
- Misbah-ul-Haq – 81 sixes in 75 matches
- Kevin Pietersen – 81 sixes in 104 matches
- Ben Stokes – 79 sixes in 71 matches
- MS Dhoni – 78 sixes in 90 matches
- Tim Southee – 75 sixes in 79 matches
- Ricky Ponting – 73 sixes in 168 matches
Brendon McCullum (107) and Adam Gilchrist (100) are the only two batsmen in the world who have scored sixes in Test cricket. If Southee is successful in playing cricket for a long time, then maybe he can even cross this three number figure. Let us inform that in response to India’s first innings 217 runs in the World Test Championship final, New Zealand scored 249 runs and took a 32 run lead. After this, the Indian team lost two wickets for 64 runs till the stumps on the fifth day and took a lead of 32 runs.
#Sixes #Tests #Tim #Southee #surpasses #Ricky #Ponting #inches #close #Dhoni #list #sixes