There is more than one reason to love the marketing OKR methodology. It is simple to use, can be adopted by businesses of all shapes and sizes, and most importantly, it has proven results. Ask Google, Intel, or even Netflix. VISIT HERE
One of the departments that can benefit most from OKR is marketing. Using this methodology, you can set, track, and achieve ambitious marketing goals. Lots of companies have used it to scale in a short time.
With the proper marketing OKRs, you can improve your digital visibility, which grows your customer base and company as a whole. So, what kind of OKRs should you set to improve digital communication as a marketing executive?
Here are five great examples:
Table of Contents
Objective #1: Increase Lead Volume to Website
- Grow monthly site visitors from the current average of 5,000 to 10,000.
- Increase traffic from backlinks from 25% to 50%.
- Improve domain rating from 40 to 50 on Ahrefs.
- Reduce site bounce rate from 72% to 45%.
- Rank for 5 top keywords on search engines.
Objective #2: Boost Customer Engagement on All Platforms
- Increase social media post shares from 30% to 65%
- Improve blog uploads from 4 to 8 a month
- Launch one promotion campaign a month
- Boost community forum interactions from 45% to 70%
Objective #3: Increase Brand Awareness on Social Media Platforms
- Increase influencer reviews from 10 to 20 a month
- Improve influencer referrals from an average of 1000 to 1500
- Boost traffic from Facebook and Instagram ads from 2000 to 4000
- Create ten trending posts a month
Objective #4: Boost Inquiries and Sales Requests
- Increase contact form clicks by 50%
- Boost product inquiries on live chat from 500 to 800
- Increase call consultations by 100%
Objective #5: Increase Brand Presence Review Sites and Forums
- Increase brand mentions from 1000 to 2500 in 30 days.
- Grow the number of published reviews from 45 to 100.
- Get at least 50 demo requests.
- Answer 100 relevant questions on different forums.
Quick Tips to Help You Make Great Marketing OKRs
So, what should you know before creating or customizing marketing OKR examples? Here are five essential tips to keep in mind:
- Know your business goals: Understanding the company goals will help you develop marketing objectives to make business goals achievable.
- Understand your target audience: Learn who your target customers are and how they behave. For example, where do they spend most of their time online? What are they searching for? Are they familiar with your brand?
- Make precise, short-term objectives: Keep your objectives short and to the point so that they are easy to understand and remember. Also, make the short-term, like a month or three months long, so that they are motivating.
- Create 2-5 key results for each objective: Come up with a few key results- with actual figures- for each objective to measure performance more accurately.
Need Inspiration for Your OKRs? Personalize These OKR Examples for Your Business
Creating OKRs for the first time can be intimidating; how do you know where to begin? The above examples, coupled with the tips provided, should help you create ambitious but achievable OKRs.
Once the set period is over, you can assess how well you fared depending on your key results and then develop a new OKR strategy based on your findings.