India vs England, 1st Test score I india vs England first test first day 5 heroes of the day Nottingham I India vs England 1st Test match score and updates Nottingham
Indian Cricket Team  |  Photo Credits: Twitter
- India vs England 1st cricket test match
- Five Heroes of Day 1 of India vs England 1st Test
- England’s first innings was all out for 183 runs, India scored 21/0 in 13 overs
Nottingham: The thrill of the Test series between India and England has started from Wednesday. England captain Joe Root won the toss and elected to bat, which was proved completely wrong by the Indian fast bowlers. The first innings of the hosts was bundled out for 183 runs in 65.4 overs on the very first day itself. In response, Team India has scored 21 runs without any loss in 13 overs till the end of the day’s play. KL Rahul 9 * and Rohit Sharma 9 * are frozen at the crease. The Indian team is currently 162 runs behind England’s score with all their wickets remaining.
On the first day of the first Test between India and England, the audience got to see some great individual performances. It would not be wrong if these players are called the heroes of the day. These 5 players gave a strong performance and won accolades on the first day. Let us tell you who were the 5 heroes of the first day of the first test:
1) Jasprit Bumrah Team India’s fast bowler Jasprit Bumrah has returned to his rhythm. Bumrah, who came under criticism for not taking a wicket in the final of the World Test Championship, bowled brilliantly on the first day of the first Test against England and made four batsmen his victim. Bumrah made Rory Burns (0), Jos Buttler (0), Stuart Broad (4) and James Anderson (1) his prey. The right-arm pacer made 4 maidens in his bowling spell of 20.4 overs and took four wickets for 46 runs. His economy was only 2.22.
2) Joe Root – England captain Joe Root was the only player to score a half-century for the team. Root scored 64 runs in 108 balls with the help of 11 fours. Shardul Thakur ends Root’s innings with an lbw. The English captain scored 50 half-centuries of his Test career. Root scored his 11th half-century against India. By the way, Root achieved another major achievement during this period. Root surpassed Alastair Cook to become the highest run-scorer in international cricket for England.
3) Mohammed Shami – Indian fast bowler Mohammed Shami also bowled well. Shami hunted three English batsmen. He showed Dom Sibley (18), Jonny Bairstow (29) and Dan Lawrence (0) the way to the pavilion. Apart from this, Shami also took a catch off Thakur’s ball. Mohammed Shami took 17 overs in the first innings, taking three wickets for 28 runs including two maidens. During this his economy was only 1.64. It can be easily understood from this that how tightly Shami bowled.
4) Shardul Thakur – Thakur made his place in this special list due to taking two wickets in a span of three balls. He made the English captain Joe Root (64) and Olly Robinson (0) his prey. Shardul Thakur took 13 overs in the first innings, taking three wickets for 41 runs including 3 maidens. Thakur’s economy stood at 3.15. Shardul Thakur had created panic in the England camp by taking two wickets in quick succession.
5) Mohammad Siraj – The first day of the first Test between India and England was named after the fast bowlers of Team India. In the list of these heroes, Mohammad Siraj also registered his name by taking a wicket. Siraj took one wicket for 48 runs in 12 overs including two medals. Siraj made his victim Jack Crowley (27) at the crease. Siraj troubled the batsmen fiercely with his many deliveries.
#India #England #1st #Test #score #india #England #test #day #heroes #day #Nottingham #India #England #1st #Test #match #score #updates #Nottingham