Shafali Verma I shafali verma played brilliant knock against england in second t20i at hove ENGW vs INDW
Shafali Verma  |  Photo Credits: Twitter
- Shafali Verma had a blast against England in the second T20
- 17-year-old Shafali Verma hit five consecutive fours in an over of Katherine Brunt
- Shefali along with Smriti Mandhana got the team off to a great start
Hov: India’s young women’s opener Shafali Verma once again shined and played an explosive innings on the tour of England on Sunday. Indian fans got to see Shafali Verma’s fanfare in the second T20 International match against England women’s cricket team.
17-year-old Shafali Verma gave India a great start by playing a strong innings in the second T20 International being played in Hove. The right-handed batsman showed the stars to the English bowlers during the day with his aggression.
Shafali Verma scored 48 runs in 38 balls with the help of 8 fours and a six. During this his strike rate was 126.31. It is simple to see that Shafali Verma’s performance has not been as aggressive as her image, but therein lies her revenge with an English bowler. Yes, Shafali hit five consecutive fours in the fourth over of the Indian innings.
Katherine Brunt took revenge
Let us tell you that in the first T20 International, Shafali Verma was not allowed to open the account by Katherine Brunt and in the very first over she was sent clean bowled to the dugout. Verma took revenge for the last match today. In the fourth over of Brunt’s innings, Verma hit five consecutive fours from the second ball to the last ball.
The sequence of these fours started with the second ball:
- 3.2 Brunt bowls a short ball, Shafali hits a boundary towards midwicket.
- 3.3 Slow delivery, Shafali waits and then hits the ball over the bowler’s head for a boundary.
- 3.4: Brunt hits the ball outside off-stump, Shafali moves her foot and opens the bat. The ball went through the point fielder for four runs.
- 3.5: Fourth consecutive four. This time, Shafali hit a brilliant boundary over mid-on.
- 3.6: Short ball once again and Shafali hit her fifth consecutive four. Varma showed Katherine the stars during the day. Five consecutive fours in an over.
Apart from this, Shafali Verma along with Smriti Mandhana (20) got the Indian team off to a great start with a partnership of 70 runs. Smriti Mandhana scored 20 runs in 16 balls with the help of a four and a six. Davis ended Mandhana’s innings by getting caught out at the hands of Villiers and with this the partnership was also broken. Then two balls later, Shafali Verma was also dismissed by giving a catch to Sivar off Villiers. It will be interesting to see how the Indian women’s team capitalizes on this stellar start and aims to win against England.
#Shafali #Verma #shafali #verma #played #brilliant #knock #england #t20i #hove #ENGW #INDW